- One server with SharePoint and MSSQL Express 2008 R2
- SharePoint Foundation 2010 SP1
- Search Server Express 2010 SP1
- Claim Authentication activated
- Got an error message when I want to manage the Search Service Application in Central Administration
Log into Central Administration with the Farm Account and you will not have the error message.
If the Farm Account is "Network Service" (you can check it in Central Administration \Service Accounts), then you could do the following:
- Create a new local or domain(*) account called "MegaFarmAccount" and add in the local Administrators group
- Go to Central Admin (Central Administration \ Managed Accounts ) and add this account as "Managed Account"
- Go to Central Administration \ Service Accounts and set this account as the Farm Account
- Go to Central Administration \ Web Applications Management, select the web application you have to crawl, click on the User Policy icon in the Ribbon, then add your new account (all zone) with "Full Read - Has full read-only access"
- Go to Central Administration \ Search Service Application: Search Administration and change the Default content access account by your new account
- Log into Central Administration with "MegaFarmAccount" and you will not have the error message
However, I created an account in my Domain AD with the same name & pwd as my local account previously created ("MegaFarmAccount"), and I noticed that my websites were able to pick users from the AD.
If I disable the domain account "MegaFarmAccount", the websites cannot contact the AD.